ITG-3701, Triple-Axis Gyroscope For High Speed Motion And Wearables
The ITG-3701 is the world’s widest full scale range (FSR) 3-axis MEMS gyroscope for high impact wearable and high speed motion applications . The ITG-3701 also offers the smallest size, lowest profile and lowest power, ideal for wearable applications in sports and concussion analysis. Today’s wearable sports applications require higher than the common ±2000 dps (degrees per second) FSR so that critical data is not lost at the point of impact. The ±4000 dps range of the ITG-3701 enables precise analysis of a golf or tennis racquet swing, soccer ball and basketball applications providing continuous data before, during and after impact. The InvenSense ITG-3701 directly addresses the wearable sports market technology requirements with lowest power consumption of only 5.9mW (3.3mA at 1.8V), extending battery life and an industry first 0.75mm height.
Other industry-leading features include on-chip 16-bit ADCs, programmable digital filters, a precision clock with 1% variation from -40°C to 85°C, an embedded temperature sensor, and programmable interrupts. Parts are available with a Fast-Mode I²C serial interface, a VDD operating range of 1.71 to 3.6V, and a VDDIO voltage from 1.71V to 3.6V.
By leveraging its patented and volume-proven InvenSense Fabrication platform, which integrates MEMS wafers with companion CMOS electronics through wafer-level bonding, InvenSense has driven the ITG-3701 package size down to a footprint of 3x3x0.75mm (QFN), while providing the highest performance, lowest noise, and the lowest cost semiconductor packaging to address a wide range of consumer electronic devices. The device provides the highest robustness by supporting 10,000g shock in operation. The highest cross-axis isolation is achieved by design from its single silicon integration.
- Highest FSR ±4,000 dps
- High 10,000g Shock Survivability
- Small 3 x 3 mm & Low Profile 0.75 mm 16-pin QFN Package
- Low 0.02dps/√Hz Noise
- SPI and I2C High-Speed Interfaces
- 400kHz Fast Mode I2C Serial Interface
- 1 MHz R/W SPI Interface, 20MHz Read to Gyro
- Embedded 512-byte FIFO Enables Burst Read
- Wide 16-Bit Rate Value Data Output
- User-Programmable Integrated Low-Pass Filters
- Precision clock with 1% accuracy over -40°C to 85°C
- Wide 1.71V to 3.6V Supply Voltage Range
- High Resolution at up to 1048 LSB/(º/s)
- Low 5.9mW Power Consumption
- 8μA Sleep Mode
- FSYNC Pin Supports image, video, and GPS Synchronization
- RoHS and Green compliant
- High Impact Sports (Golf, tennis, soccer, etc)
- Wearable Applications >±2000dps FSR
- High Speed Motion