||Hi-Speed Single Channel USB UART/FIFO IC (48-pin LQFP)
Operating at USB Hi-Speed 480Mbps rate, this fast single channel bridge chip features either a flexible serial interface or parallel FIFO interface, with data transfer speeds up to 40Mbytes/s. Using a serial EEPROM interface, this device can be configured for a wide variety of asynchronous and synchronous serial standards, such as JTAG, SPI, I2C and UART as well as synchronous and asynchronous parallel FIFO interfaces. In addition, this device features the new synchronous, half-duplex FT1248 bus, which allows an engineer to trade off bandwidth for pin count using 1, 2, 4, or 8 data lines at up to 30Mbytes/s. The I/O structure is 3.3V with built-in tolerance for 5V, allowing the designer maximum flexibility when interfacing with FPGAs. On-board voltage regulation provides 3.3V and 1.8V supplies from a 5V source, as well as a power-on-reset function. FTDI provides royalty-free virtual com port and D2XX drivers for Microsoft Windows (XP – Windows7), Apple Mac OSX, and Linux. This 48 pin device is available in either LQFP or QFN packaging, and is ROHS compliant.
Key Hardware Features
- Single channel USB to serial / parallel ports with a variety of configurations.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (480Mbits/Second) and Full Speed (12Mbits/Second) compatible.
- Multi-Protocol Synchronous Serial Engine (MPSSE) to simplify synchronous serial protocol (USB to JTAG, I2C, SPI or bit-bang) design.
- UART transfer data rate up to 12Mbaud. (RS232 Data Rate limited by external level shifter).
- USB to asynchronous 245 FIFO mode for transfer data rate up to 8 MByte/Sec.
- USB to synchronous 245 parallel FIFO mode for transfers up to 40 Mbytes/Sec
- Supports a half duplex FT1248 interface with a configurable width, bi-directional data bus (1, 2, 4 or 8 bits wide).
- CPU-style FIFO interface mode simplifies CPU interface design.
- Fast serial interface option.
- FTDI's royalty-free Virtual Com Port (VCP) and Direct (D2XX) drivers eliminate the requirement for USB driver development in most cases.
- Adjustable receive buffer timeout.
- Option for transmit and receive LED drive signals.
- Bit-bang Mode interface option with RD# and WR strobes
- Highly integrated design includes 5V to 3.3/+1.8V LDO regulator for VCORE, integrated POR function
- Asynchronous serial UART interface option with full hardware handshaking and modem interface signals.
- Fully assisted hardware or X-On / X-Off software handshaking.
- UART Interface supports 7/8 bit data, 1/2 stop bits, and Odd/Even/Mark/Space/No Parity.
- Auto-transmit enable control for RS485 serial applications using TXDEN pin.
- Operation configuration mode and USB Description strings configurable in external EEPROM over the USB interface.
- Configurable I/O drives strength (4, 8, 12 or 16mA) and slew rate.
- Low operating and USB suspend current.
- Supports self powered, bus powered and high-power bus powered USB configurations.
- UHCI/OHCI/EHCI host controller compatible.#
- USB Bulk data transfer mode (512 byte packets in Hi-Speed mode).
- +1.8V (chip core) and +3.3V I/O interfacing (+5V Tolerant).
- Extended -40°C to 85°C industrial operating temperature range.
- Compact 48-pin Lead Free LQFP or QFN package
- Configurable ACBUS I/O pins.
- Single chip USB to UART (RS232, RS422 or RS485)
- USB to FIFO
- USB to FT1248
- USB to JTAG
- USB to SPI
- USB to I2C
- USB to Bit-Bang
- USB to Fast Serial Optic Interface
- USB to CPU target interface (as memory)
- USB Instrumentation
- USB Industrial Control
- USB EPOS Control
- USB MP3 Player Interface
- USB FLASH Card Reader / Writers
- Set Top Box PC - USB interface
- USB Digital Camera Interface
- USB Bar Code Readers